With ever changing tax laws and regulations, the preparation of income tax returns can be a confusing and time-consuming task for many. In addition, it may not be easy to stay on top of the myriad of deductions and credits one is eligible for each year.
Our office strives to deliver accurate and on time services when it comes to tax preparation. We also keep abreast of tax law changes throughout the year to help our clients claim all the tax benefits that they are entitled to. Our clients engaging the income tax preparation services of our office can expect that the return prepared will be reviewed thoroughly to help reduce the possibility of an IRS or a State audit. In the event of an audit, our team will be available to represent our clients under our representation engagement services.
The following is a list of some of the tax matters that we handle:
- Home Purchase / Home Sale
- Stock Options transactions
- Sole Proprietors / Self-Employed Individuals / Independent Contractors
- Rental Property Owners
- Real Estate Professionals
- 1031 Tax-Free Exchanges
- Registered Domestic Partners / Same-sex Couples
- Final Returns for the Deceased
- Estates and Trusts
Tax planning is a key component of our office’s tax services. With proper tax planning performed in advance, our team has been able to help our clients reduce or defer income tax liabilities. Some of the strategies we help our clients with are:
- Income splitting between family or business entities
- Income shifting between tax years
- Using investment vehicles with tax advantages such as tax deferral, tax deductibility or tax exemptions to enhance after-tax net investment returns